Have a perfect smile!

Insurance & Payments

Insurance & Payments

We are on the Alberta Dental Fee Guide *A few conditions apply*

At Westlock Family Dental, we are committed to making your dental care convenient and accessible. That is why we offer Direct Insurance Billing!  =​We accept nearly all major insurance plans, including but not limited to:

Alberta Blue Cross






Great-West Life

Dental Seniors Program

We accept all major credit cards,
interact, and e-transfer

we DO NOT accept personal cheques


For your convenience, we send a predetermination to your dental plan provider before your appointment to know how much they would pay. This could take a few minutes to several weeks, depending on the plan provider, the plan, and the dental service requested. This way, you know whether the service is covered by your plan provider and to what amount. Upon completing your treatment, we electronically submit your claim to your dental plan provider, which will pay our clinic directly. This means you do not have to pay for your dental treatment up-front and wait to get reimbursed. However, you would be responsible for paying a fee if there is any difference between your insurance coverage and the cost of your dental treatment. For example, if the dental plan provider pays for 90% of the cost of your treatment, you would be responsible for paying the remaining 10% at our clinic. In some rare instances, you could be responsible for the entire treatment cost if we cannot predetermine the treatment provided and the dental plan provider wouldn’t process the claim electronically at the end of your appointment. Payment is due at the end of the appointment.

Cancellation/Missed Appointment Policy: ​

We strive to render excellent dental care to you and the rest of our patients. In an attempt to be consistent with this, we have a policy that allows us to schedule appointments for all patients. When an appointment is scheduled, that time has been set aside for you, and when it is missed, that time cannot be used to treat another patient.

Please give our office two business days’ notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. This allows for other patients to be scheduled for that appointment. If you miss an appointment without contacting our office within the required time, this is considered a missed appointment. A fee of $60.00 will be required to re-book your appointment. This fee cannot be billed to your insurance company and will be your direct responsibility.

Scroll to Top